Have You Broken Your Resolutions Yet?

If you haven’t, you should. Here’s why:

You know this already, but these types of goals don’t work. And there’s one foundational reason why: focus.

That is, resolutions tend to focus on exactly the wrong thing. They focus on the outcome of your goal. And by focusing on the outcome of the goal, you cannot help seeing how far you are from the result you want. In other words, you put the negative version at the forefront.

This is motivating for some, but in most cases, this focus on the gap or the finished product is undermining your ability to get it done.

The alternative? Routines.

Or habits. Or rituals. Or traditions. Whatever you want to call them, they are repetitive and can set you up for success. And that’s because you don’t focus on the result, you focus on the actions at the beginning that lead to the result.

Cancel your resolutions. Begin positive habits. Write daily. Workout every morning. Only open email once a day. Whatever it is, focus on the actions and not the results.

Note: I’m writing this because I needed to hear it. I hope it helps you, too.

The OmniFocus Update Reviews Script Comes to iOS

I have wanted this script to migrate over to a universal plugin from the day Omni Automation became a thing. And I’m proud to say it’s finally here.

110: Lead Yourself First by Raymond Kethledge & Michael Erwin – Bookworm

Throughout history, leaders have used solitude to make better decisions. Today’s book shares firsthand historical accounts in an effort to show how solitude can help gain clarity, spur creativity, sustain emotional balance, and generate moral courage for when it matters most. Join Joe & Mike as they explore the topic of solitude and all of its leadership benefits.

Upcoming Events

[Team Analog] How To Read A Book - Wednesday, Jan. 20 @ 1 PM Central

There are so many ways to do this and a ton of aspects to it. Getting the most out of a nonfiction book is a process and not one that many people follow. Having read hundreds of nonfiction books and having gone through Mortimor Adler’s book of the same name, I have a set method to share that will give you the best chance of retaining and copturing the bulk of a book.

:white_check_mark: The Best Productivity/Analog Articles From the Last Week - Monday, Jan. 25 @ 1 PM Central

Reviewing the latest news in the app-agnostic and analog space. Be sure to subscribe to get alerts when the stream starts.

[Team Analog] Analog With Jeff Sheldon - Wednesday, Feb. 10 @ 1 PM Central

Jeff Sheldon of Ugmonk has come up with a notecard system called Analog that raised over $450,000 on Kickstarter! It’s a system that follows the Ugmonk way of combining form and function. And let’s be honest, who doesn’t like notecards?

All The Things

Discourse Community

Upcoming Calendar of Events

Twitch Channel

YouTube Channel

Discord Server

Twitter

Instagram