Impulse: Apple Fitness+ Disappointment

When Apple originally announced their Apple One subscription, I was conflicted. Conflicted about whether or not it would make sense financially to jump in. Historically, I’ve paid for Apple Music and iCloud storage. So Apple One doesn’t entirely make sense unless you want one of the other services.

And in my case, that one other service was Fitness+. I have been building a morning workout routine recently, and I really wanted to explore some of the workouts in Fitness+ as a means to expand my exercise methods. Thus, when Fitness+ was released I upgrade to Apple One and was instantly distracted by News+. Typical.

It wasn’t until a few days later when I was planning my first rendezvous with Fitness+ that I went to the App Store to download the Fitness app on my iPhone. It said it wasn’t available on my device. That’s fine. I knew it had just been released and I had heard of the App Store taking some time to catch up in some regions. So I waited.

My wait ended up being a week later. I again tried to download the app and it said the same thing. So I finally read the whole message and looked through the details for the Fitness app. It turns out that unless you have an Apple Watch, you cannot download the app. Wait, what?

What I learned is that Fitness+ is based on the Apple Watch and isn’t available on iPhone alone. You can start a workout on your iPhone without the Apple Watch if you already have the Fitness app installed. But you cannot install the app without an Apple Watch. 😡

Instantly, I downgraded my account. It was the one thing I was excited about in Apple One and the single reason for my leaving it when it doesn’t work. I don’t want an Apple Watch. And I’m not buying one to wear only for workouts.

I guess I’ll stick to the ole trusty methods of following checklists and listening to whatever music I want.

Thanks for reading my rant. 🤗

My Links

Alternatives To Roam Research [Upcoming Webinar]

There are so many of these knowledge tools coming and going that it’s hard to keep them straight. But what happens if you boil them down to the concepts and ideas for each input and every output? Do you need the power of each one? And if you can get down to these individual components, what tools can truly serve your purpose?

[Team Analog] How To Read A Book

There are so many ways to do this and a ton of aspects to it. Getting the most out of a nonfiction book is a process and not one that many people follow. Having read hundreds of nonfiction books and having gone through Mortimer Adler’s book of the same name, I have a set method to share that will give you the best chance of retaining and capturing the bulk of a book.

Links of interest

These are the links we discussed on stream yesterday. I plan to cover these live each week, so if you want to join the conversation, subscribe here: joebuhlig.live

Internet: Old TV caused village broadband outages for 18 months - BBC News

I didn’t know this was possible, but I love that it happened. Now I want to know what the old TV was.

My Input Workflow - Faith Based Productivity

This is a graphic put together by my good friend, Mike Schmitz. It’s a cool visual that can help inform your process and use of systems.

The Essential Weekly Review — MacSparky

I have basically given up on the canonical GTD Weekly Review in favor of the Monthly Migration of the Bullet Journal. But the questions David asks here are worth your time and they are questions I intend to ask this week.

2020 and the return of the HPDA - All this

Dr. Drang. Need I say more. He shares his use of the hPDA here and since I’ve been using one for six years or more, I have to share this.

TSS Webinar: Productive Habits – The Sweet Setup

If you’re a webinar fan, check this one out. In two days, Mike Schmitz is going to be sharing his thoughts on building habits.

Upcoming Events

Setting Up My February Bullet Journal - Monday, Feb. 1 @ 1 PM Central

I do this every month and I almost always make some changes. Thus is the growth mindset. Be sure to subscribe for alerts at go-time.

Alternatives To Roam Research [Upcoming Webinar] - Wednesday, Feb. 3 @ 1 PM Central

There are so many of these knowledge tools coming and going that it’s hard to keep them straight. But what happens if you boil them down to the concepts and ideas for each input and every output? Do you need the power of each one? And if you can get down to these individual components, what tools can truly serve your purpose?

[Team Analog] Analog With Jeff Sheldon - Wednesday, Feb. 10 @ 1 PM Central

Jeff Sheldon of Ugmonk has come up with a notecard system called Analog that raised over $450,000 on Kickstarter! It’s a system that follows the Ugmonk way of combining form and function. And let’s be honest, who doesn’t like notecards?

All The Things

Discourse Community

Upcoming Calendar of Events

Twitch Channel

YouTube Channel

Discord Server

Twitter

Instagram