Impulse: Getting Help For ADHD

It took a long time but I finally reached out for help.

I know. I know. Some of you have been telling me to do this for years now. And I’m grateful that you’ve stuck with me. But I did reach out to a doctor about helping me diagnose and build a plan for managing my ADHD.

It turns out that I’m a pretty bad case and he immediately recommended medication. And if I’m honest, that’s exactly what I was hoping for. There may still be a stigma associated with that, but I’m ok with it.

At the moment, I’m two weeks into my experiment with medicating my ADHD. And I couldn’t be more hopeful. It’s been an eye-opener and I’ve found a focus I didn’t know existed.

I won’t belabor this, but I wanted to share it with those who are on the fence. Don’t be afraid to reach out for help. It may just be the one thing you need.

My Links

Alternatives To Roam Research [Upcoming Webinar]

There are so many of these knowledge tools coming and going that it’s hard to keep them straight. But what happens if you boil them down to the concepts and ideas for each input and every output? Do you need the power of each one? And if you can get down to these individual components, what tools can truly serve your purpose?

This is the goal of this free webinar coming up on February 3. We’ll look at what gives Roam Research the cult following and where you can look for alternatives. If that’s what you need, you can register here.

What Does A Content Calendar Look Like In OmniFocus? [Stream Recording]

Content creation is both the easiest job to do and the hardest. This is a sneak peek at the hard part. Creating the files themselves simply takes time and gets easier the more you do it. Coming up with what to create is often the most difficult.

OFScripts/Project Kanban Board at master · joebuhlig/OFScripts · GitHub

If you want a kanban board for OmniFocus but you want it to work on projects and not tasks, this is for you.

Links of interest

TextSniper — Screenshot to OCR Tool — MacSparky

Can Remote Teams Be Innovative?

Apple in 2020: The Six Colors report card – Six Colors

Daring Fireball: Hover Text on MacOS

The Best-Case Outcomes Are Statistical Outliers

iCloud Keychain comes to Chrome, but sadly only on Windows – Six Colors

An Important Todo List Mistake | Being Productive

All The Things

Discourse Community

Upcoming Calendar of Events

Twitch Channel