Impulse: Motivation, Procrastination, and ADHD

A diagnosis has many ramifications. It brings peace from knowing what you’re up against. It gives clarity in understanding the past. And it can guide you in your plan for the future.

But it also exposes the past.

A while back I wrote to you about my ADHD diagnosis. And many of you hit reply and told me about your experience in being diagnosed as neurodivergent. It gave me a calmness and full heart that I hadn’t experienced in quite some time. For that, I thank you.

At the same time, there were many of these stories that alluded to the process of learning about intention derailment and lack of follow-through. In both cases, I’m 100% in the boat with you.

However, I’m not one to let things go without excessive research, so I embarked on a deep dive into motivation and the causes behind procrastination.

I wish I could tell you the one thing that solves motivation problems in ADHD folks, but it’s way too diverse. And procrastination isn’t far behind.

You can do a lot of searching for answers here, but one article I found to be the most helpful is by none other than James Clear. He put together this massive, scientific exposition on motivation. And it has been a go-to resource for me in this process.

That said, I’ll be walking through what I’ve learned and what I still struggle with on stream today at 1 PM Central.

If you struggle with these or just have questions, hit me up live today.

My Links

Using An Elgato Stream Deck With OmniFocus

I bought a 32-key Elgato Stream Deck because I was getting tired of remembering (and running out) of hotkey combinations. And at the time, I was ramping up my streaming game and wanted to add a little convenience to my life. What I didn’t expect was the ridiculous amount of power and macro-pad like the Stream Deck enables.

Links of Interest

Motivation: The Scientific Guide on How to Get and Stay Motivated

Upcoming Schedule

Monday, May 31 - NO STREAM (Memorial Day)

[Team Analog] How To Set Up Your Workspace - Wednesday, June 2 @ 1 PM Central

There are so many things we want to pile on our desks. But what are some of the tricks and best practices for setting up your workspace to be the most productive? And once you do that, does it still show personality?

YouTube Stream - Monday, June 7 @ 1 PM Central

[Team Analog] Office Hours - Wednesday, June 9 @ 1 PM Central

YouTube Stream - Monday, June 13 @ 1 PM Central

[Team Analog] The Essential Everyday Carry - Wednesday, June 16 @ 1 PM Central

Do you carry a backpack? Maybe a purse? What do you keep in it? Is it jammed full or can you add more? Should you add more? A lot of this depends on what you do, but there is a baseline, which we’ll cover in this session.

YouTube Stream - Monday, June 20 @ 1 PM Central

[Team Analog] Office Hours - Wednesday, June 23 @ 1 PM Central

All The Things

Discourse Community

Upcoming Calendar of Events

YouTube Channel

Discord Server

Twitter

Instagram